Thursday, October 28, 2010

Donuts!!


The October 2010 Daring Bakers challenge was hosted by Lori of Butter Me Up. Lori chose to challenge DBers to make doughnuts. She used several sources for her recipes including Alton Brown, Nancy Silverton, Kate Neumann and Epicurious.


I was excited when I read what this months baking challenge was! I love donuts!! And, i got a neat set of donut baking pans about a year ago, and have only tried them once! So I knew right away that I wanted to bake some donuts! And, with it being fall, I knew I wanted to use pumpkin in my donuts! So...I used a great pumpkin chocolate chip recipe for the donuts. The batter was a little runny, so I'm glad I was baking them, because I'm not sure they would have worked for fried. But...here ya go!

I'm happy with how they turned out...my husband ate all the little ones super fast. I took about a dozen to church...and I didn't bring a single one home! Hooray! I guess that means the donuts were a success!




No comments:

Post a Comment